Wednesday, April 5, 2023

WOYWW - #722

 Good morning, friends!

Wow, some parts of my state got hit hard with weather last night. Tornado alarm on my phone went off about 2 a.m. I checked the map and saw everything was south of me so I went back to sleep. Woke Tabby up, too. She came up and laid on the pillow beside me with a paw on my cheek until the warning expired. She is such a nurse maid. Did you know that is a tabby cat quality?

So here's the desk, then I have a couple other things to show you:


Only staged a little. Let me explain.
I did have my journal on the filming table. I'd just put the 2nd quarter signatures in. Everything else needs a tidy up, as Julia would say. The sticks are staged because I wanted to show you what I am working on.


These are large tongue depressor sticks painted pretty shimmery colors. I need to paint the back side today.  You saw the sticks in the desk photo but here's a close up (though pretty sure blurry)


project sticks

I use these project sticks when I'm working on junk journals and for my monthly challenge. Each stick has an item or technique you can include in a journal. Thinks like tuck spots, paper ribbon, fancy fold, tags, etc. Either for my challenge or when I'm stuck on what to make next, I just pull a stick from the cup. I don't have very many so I've created a long list of ones to add to the cup, thus paining new sticks. I'll have 40 new sticks to add to the cup when I'm through. 

Okay, about the next set of photos. You may have seen the teal cart to the left of my desk in the first picture. That is my adhesives/ stickles cart.

I am gradually getting this filming/ crafting corner under control. The only thing I really have left to do until the stamps are cataloged is all of my inks. I hope to finish that project (the inks) by the weekend and can show you that next week.


This cart was black. I've sprayed it teal to match my space. The top rack is all the different types of adhesives I would reach for during a project.  Across the back, Left - stamp scrubby &Shammy Right - stamp case full of glue dots (mostly from paper pumpkin kits) and Stampin' Up! Dimensionals.

The 2nd tier is all of my stickles and Dew Drops in the board Bob made for me:

                                                    

The 3rd tier is the over flow of things I might want to refill quick. Most of the overflow is in a filing cabinet drawer used to store them.

Here's a shot of the top of the basket.


I've used little flatware baskets from Dollar Tree to sort them. Left to Right: tear n tape & rolls of glue dots, Xyron, mounting tape rolls, bottle of sanitizer, rolled adhesives, craft glues, undue, liquid glues.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly













8 comments:

  1. We’ve been hearing about the tornadoes all over the US on our news, I’m so relieved that it passed you by thought the alarm must have been scary. Thank goodness for your lovely little cat who came for comfort xx. You’ve made a great job of spraying the cart, it looks like it was always that colour and everything is so neatly organised - love it!!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use those sticks! I am sure they will provide great inspiration. Happy WOYWW Helen 3#

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were watching the news about the weather in the US it sounds very scary. Pleased your kitty is there to keep you company. Well done with the craft cart it looks great. Happy creative woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tornadoes did look scary on the TV. So glad it passed you by. Well done on the organisation x Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary weather you're having Kelly,glad to hear you're safe 🙏 with your furbaby watching over you ... we had a tabby called Tabitha ( miss her to this day) she was the gentlest of Wee souls 💕 I am loving your idea with the sticks so much ... that I'm going to hunt out a packet I know is upstairs , thank you so much for the inspiration ⭐️ your space is beautifully organised!! Wishing you a lovey Easter weekend, be safe. Love and hugs Tracy #9 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the tornadoes didn't hit Kelly. Must be scary. Love the way you have arranged your trolley and the project sticks are a great idea. Happy Easter. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly,
    I started commenting on you at midnight Sunday then gave up went to bed instead, so tired as not well a lot these days. Lord knows.
    last few days has been blogging as two Good Friday posts, one for craft and one for Christian blog, did today's the same but added craft on craft blog today! Happy Resurrection Day, or is here if not there yet!

    Glad you're safe those tornadoes are like our cyclones and scary but thankfully I'm souther part of coastal zone and pretty safe. Has happened though just north of here this century.
    Impressed with your stick organisation and everything else, mine is so not organised!
    Thanks for Sharing, God bless and all those you love,
    Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x


    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops commenting Wed, as midnight Sunday not even here yet!

    ReplyDelete