Wednesday, April 26, 2023

WOYWW #725

 Good morning, friends!

My desk this morning:


Poor lighting but I'm trying to get a gazillion things done at once so I can get back to writing my book.
While this looks staged, technically it was... for the Reindeer Club video I shot this morning. I showed the 21 Christmas cards I made from two Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kits. Now to figure out what I'll do for May Reindeer Club. Hmmm... maybe get some projects out of the way? 

Last week was super busy getting all the time I could in with Bob. He found out his very best friend since grade school will need a quadruple bypass. Since he doesn't know when the surgery will happen, Bob went up a day early just to spend some time with him... which meant I was doing everything last minute LOL. In spite of that, I made my way 'round to every desk yesterday in time to start over this week! 

But we're fine now. He's in Chicago and I put in most of a full day of work yesterday. Well - until I picked up a book for research and couldn't put it down. The book - The Unremarried Widow is an amazing story of a woman's journey from meeting The One she didn't even know she was looking for to feeling like an outsider amongst military wives then becoming a widow less than a year after they'd married. #heartbreaking.  I recommend the book.

Have any of you read, GreenLights by Matthew McCounahey?  Yes, THAT Matthew McCounahey.  I haven't read all of the book but Monday I had the opportunity to sit in on his The Art of Livin' webinar - all 4+hours! Amazing inspiration from him, Trent Sheldon, Marie Floris, Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi. Another book I recommend.

You saw my painted book pages in progress last week. Here is what I made with one of the pages. 

I took part in a challenge by Natalie from Line Dot Arrow to make a Stuffed Paper Bag. You can see my flip-through video here: (it's a short video.


As I mention in the video this is to be the front cover of my spring journal. I should have the full flip-through of that journal the first Wednesday in May for you.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over toStamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





9 comments:

  1. Hellooo Kelly 💕 🤗 sounds like you're a busy bee 🐝 😊 gorgeous collection of cards you have their ❤️ Sending up prayers 🙏 for Bob's friend, I hope all goes well 🤞 I haven't read Matthew's book ... yet but heard it really good and most definitely one I'll be looking out for. Such gorgeous projects you have on the go 🤩 a joy to see they are! Thank you 😊 so much for stopping by mine yesterday and for your words.Sending love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kelly it sounds as if you have been busy on all fronts in the last week. Thanks for squeezing in a visit last week. Loving all those CHristmas cards - at this rate you will be ready by the end of the summer. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Bob and his friend that my hubby had a quad bypass fifteen years ago @nd it was the best thing, it took a lot of recuperation but he’s been as fit as a fiddle since. You’ve been so busy too, those cards are great!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lot you've had going on! I hopeBob's friend gets his surgery soon and makes a full recovery. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very clever way to use the paper bag and I love the results. Hope you manage to get some rest now. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly, can you send me your address please. Love what you did with your painted page. My Dad had a quadruple bypass and I think the operations get better and better these days. I will have a look at the stuffed paper bag video tomorrow x Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! just worn out reading your post!! you have been busy.
    Added Bob and his friend to my prayer list.
    Great stuffed paper bag video.
    Have a good week, with some relaxation in it
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stuffed paper bag is quite intriguing. I have not used a paper bag for crafts before, I might give this a go x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh....I was going to say that! The bag thing, looks great! There's a video? good, will go look see, but blogger is being a real pain, and keeps signing me out..so its taking all week to get round! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22

    ReplyDelete