Wednesday, April 12, 2023

WOYWW #723 - I've Been Playing!

 Good morning, everyone!

I apologize for not getting 'round to folks last week. Bob's first week home is always crazy. Of course, I didn't know we'd be spending his first full day home on the road. He needed to check out a new sight for his job. They'll be shutting the lochs down June - September on the upper IL River so he'll be getting a schedule change and working out of Cairo IL - on the Mississippi those four months. He had the option of turning the change down but wanted to look things over before he made the decision. He'll only be about 2.5 hours from home as opposed to the 8 he is now and only 14 days on/ off instead of 21. Change for both of us. LOL

I'll try to do better this week.

Okay... as the title implies, I've been playing. Not a lot but I am working on items for the April journal. 


 I have the pile of tissue/ rice papers I worked with in last week's video plus the bag/ tags from that project. Tomorrow, we'll be making a 12x12 matboard using 6x6 papers.  (Details Video at end of post.)
The project is inspired by Ceri Griffiths. Ceri will be my guest  in the Creator's Corner end of this month. 

I also have a Close To My Heart stamp set I purchased at a flea market booth last week. I've purchased several of her stamp sets and I thought the butterfly/ script stamp was perfect for this project. I'll add the image to the tags/ bag then put them in the done box. 

In the back left you can see my ink pad storage made from wooden crates and pen holders from Dollar Tree. I'd see the idea for a turn style version to store Tim Holtz items in THIS VIDEO. I don't do turn styles very well. Everything gets cluttered on the desk then you can't turn them! LOL. I also only needed a few to store my Staz On and memento ink pads. The pen holder part will come in handy when I'm working with markers. I an put them in the holder out of my way while I'm working. 

The Details video for this week's Ceri Griffiths inspired project -


That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly



9 comments:

  1. I hope Bob's new schedule works better for both of you Kelly. Enjoy his company while he is home. Look forward to seeing the finished projects. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a change for you both but I bet Bob will soon appreciate not having to drive 8 hours to work! Love the gingham and pretty coloured tissue papers, you’ll have fun playing with those!!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a big change for you, but it all sounds positive. I looked at the dollar tree video, wow! Someone had a great idea, but too much work for me! I hope you have fun crafting, looking forward to seeing the results! Have a great week, Lindart #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you adapt to Bob's new routine easily. loved the video. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a look at the video, not sure I got the whole picture as I didn’t have sound🙃. Hoping the new routine is easy to adjust to. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting video. Hope the new routine falls into place okay for you both. He sounds like a busy hubby. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds llike a better schedule for Bob and you, hope everything works out. Great video, love a bit of gingham!! Have a lovely week, love n hugs Cindy xx #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what I see on your desk. I love working with rice paper, I might take it out of the closet today. Thanks for the inspiration, hug from Holland! Marit #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m glad Bob’s home! The new schedule will make a real change for both of you, golly, good luck with the adjustments! Delighted that Spring has arrived in the Ozarks, the thought of your house being filled with the blossom scent is just so lovely. Watching the video makes me realise how much all your organising pays off. Loving the gingham plan for the masterboard, will be back to see!

    ReplyDelete