Thursday, April 13, 2023

#KCDAprJJ23 - #CeriGriffiths Masterboard Inspired Card


 Good morning, friends!

I thought I'd pop in today and show you some of the result of today's craft-a-long video.

In this morning's video I showed the masterboard sample I'd created. I didn't think to take a picture before cutting it up to make the card but you can see the board in the video before I cut out the piece needed for the card. 

Here's the card:


I used a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from Pineapple Punch (retired Stampin' Up!) 

Cut (1) piece of the Masterboard 4" x 5.25"

Cut (1) Pineapple Punch 3-1/8" x 1-3/8" square.
Cut (1) piece of Basic White 4" x 5.25"  and (1) 3/4" x 3.75" and (1) 3" x 3"
Cut (1) length of ribbon 4-1/2" long.  You want the ribbon approx. 1/2" wide 

I used a Close To My Heart image - Quick Cards - Butterfly (A1120) I did not find the stamp available on their website so must be retired.
The sentiment is from a Paper Pumpkin -December 2017)

As a side note - I REALLY love Paper Pumpkin. The stamp sets are unique to the kits and so versatile.
If you're not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, check with your demonstrator. Don't have a demonstrator? Mine will be happy to help - Rhonda Henkins. Here's her SU website with her contact information:

Glue the large white mat to your card front. 
Next glue your piece of ribbon to the masterboard about 1.5" from the bottom of the card by wrapping the ends around and gluing to the back of the masterboard.
Next, glue the masterboard mat onto the white base.
Set Aside
Stamp the butterfly on the 3" square piece of Basic White.
Glue this piece to the Pineapple Punch square.  
Add dimensionals to the back then adhere to the card front (use the picture above as your placement guide)

Stamp your sentiment on the strip of Basic White. I used the Triple Banner Punch from Stampin' Up! (retired) This Banners Pick A Punch will work nicely, too.

Because you're layering this on the bottom part of the ribbon, you will want two adhesives. 
Add glue or double-sided adhesive to the top edge of the banner where you will glue to the ribbon.
Add Dimensionals (I used the mini's from Stampin' Up!) along the bottom half. This allows the bottom to be even with the depth of the ribbon. 
Place as show in the picture above.

A simple card for any occasion simply by changing the colors in your masterboard and your sentiment. 

Want the walk-through? Here's the video:


Creative Blessings!
~Kelly















No comments:

Post a Comment