Tuesday, August 23, 2022

CARD CHICKS -August

 Good morning, friends!

I'm actually on time with this month's Card Chicks envelope. 

First, the contents:

Terry was our hostess for this month. As you can see, she sent a unique item. Something I'd never seen before - 'tin pin' embellishments. They are basically known as 'flair' in the scrapbooking world. You'll find them on Darcie's website by clicking HERE. Terry also included papers from the Darcie line. If you go to the main Honey Bee page  then scroll down, you'll see individual items I used listed.

Terry suggested if we were going to use the Tin Pins to color the entire image first, then place the flair in place to prevent white edges showing from beneath. I think this close up will show you what she means.

As you'll see in the cards below, some flair cover better than others so having that stamped image colored before adding the flair is important for a clean look.

Technically we aren't to use any other materials except what's in the kit and our card bases. I did bring in more of the basic black and Bumble Bee to let the images pop off the pattern a bit more.

Card #1 -

I used the smallest dual hexagon from Stampin' Up! Beautiful Shapes dies to punch from the patterned paper. I glued those to Basic Black cardstock then trimmed 1/8" around all sides to create the mat.

I used the second - largest hexagon in the set to cut out the image then did the same as the small ones but matting with Bumble Bee cardstock.

Card #2 - 

I used the layering circles dies from Stampin' Up! to cut out the bee image and mat. The sentiment was cut out using the postage stamp style die from Stampin' Up! Rectangle Stitched Framelits then matted with a die from the Stampin' UP! Stitched So Sweetly set.

Card #3 - 

I didn't place the flair in place on this one before I took the picture so you could see what the image looks like underneath before placing the tin pin in place.

I used the largest hexagon fie in the Beautiful Shapes set to cut out the image and my Fiskars hexagon punch for the sentiment. 

All of the images were colored with Stampin' Blends in varying shades. Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Basic Black (Lt & Dk) as well as Stampin' Write marker Real Red. I used a gold Recollections metallic pen for the crown and added bling from the kit in the center of the crowns.  Wings were colored with Wink of Stella.

I'll be back tomorrow with WOYWW. Hopefully, there will be a change in the worktable. Cross your fingers. LOL

Creative Blessings!

~Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative. I love the bees. Who wouldn't love to receive a card like the ones above. Bee awesome Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete