Monday, August 22, 2022

MAKE IT MAIL IT MONDAY - Bee Cards!

 Good morning, everyone!

I took time to play last night so this post AND the coordinating video would go up on time. 

As I sat thinking about what card to make for today I realized I wanted a card to go with each of the bee journal packages going in the mail later this week. 

As I was pulled items I knew I wanted to use for the card, this sketch was in the front of my sketch file box. I could almost hear it say 'pick me - pick me!'  So I did. LOL


I don't know where the sketch originated. Please ignore the grid lines in the back. LOL That was from the sketch.

Here is the card:


I used Basic Black for the card base and cut the woodgrain mat from a piece of the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper I've been using for the journal.

The mat is cut to 4" x 5-1/4"

I used the Layering Circles die set from Stampin' Up! The larger circle was cut from Bumble Bee cardstock using the 2" circle. The other 4 circles were cut from scraps of the Heart & Home DSP using the 1-1/4" circle

I used the Message Dies (Retired SU) to cut the sentiment. You can see how that was done in the video. Easy enough to modify if you don't have that die. 

You can use any small sentiment. I used the 'hello' from the August Paper Pumpkin kit, It's what I had handy. 

The brad is from the Eyelet Outlet (available) but I purchased mine from Spectrum Art Creations. (out of stock)

Stay tuned because I'll be using this same layout for Halloween & for Christmas in the coming weeks.

Here's the video:




Creative Blessings
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment