Wednesday, August 3, 2022

WOYWW #687

 Good morning, friends!

Where did July go? Has anyone seen it? Left without so much as a goodbye!

No animals this week but I'm glad you enjoyed my visitors last week. I think even they are hiding in the heat. Well, except for the one squirrel who keeps coming up on the back deck and rattling his feed can. 

I've managed to get the ladder shelves and the work table moved back into their spots.


Die cutting station with photo boxes ready to be filled with all of the dies. I'm still thinking about covering them with the teal & white Moroccan patterned shelf liner. or at the very least, two of them so that I could have white/ pattern - top shelf, and pattern/ white bottom shelf. We shall see.


The planner shelf is back in operation. The boxes are bird suet cake boxes covered in the blue Moroccan shelf liner I'm considering for the die cutting shelves. What do you think about my idea to cover part of the boxes on the die cutting so I have a checker-board effect.

What you came for...


The desk is covered mostly in items for the bee journals, except for the LIFE magazine from 1963.That particular issue contains a story as told by the last man to see President Lincoln's face before the sarcophagus was placed in it's final resting place. If you're a Lincoln aficionado, or even just a history buff, I'm linking the YouTube video telling of Lincoln's multiple burials until this final entombment.  


Finally, a shot of the bee journals in progress...


Each pile contains the journal signature, pieces for the cover as well as completed embellishments and components of things to be finished.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly










4 comments:

  1. I don't know where July went but I do know that this year is moving fast! You are so organised with a place for everything. I can't wait to see hoe the Bee Journals progress, looks very interesting. The video was really interesting, I had little knowledge of all of it. Thanks for sharing this with us. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your organisation is brilliant and the checkerboard fronts are smart, it’ll be so easy to find your different bits and pieces. The bee journal is fab too!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crumbs this year is just flying, the only good thing about that is I'm getting nearere to getting my pension LOL. Love all your organisation and I bet hose bee journals will be awesome. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so late. You’re really busy, three journals at a time! I LOVE the Moroccan tile finish on the boxes and I think the checker board effect will look great at the die station. I wouldn’t be able to help myself though, all the boxes would end up being covered because the colour and pattern really are lovely!

    ReplyDelete