Tuesday, August 2, 2022

CARD CHICKS - July + Bonus Item

 Good morning, everyone!

I finally got to work on my July card chicks kit this morning. Mostly, because if I didn't get it done for this post, I feared the envelope disappearing in the chaos again.

Roxie was our hostess for July. She picked up the following stamp set (not the die as show) at a stamp convention. She dug through 5 tubs of stamps to make sure she had enough sets for each of us to have one.



On a search for an image of the stamp set, I found this on Ebay -- which includes the coordinating die. 

As is our 'rules' Roxie included everything we needed to make the card. We can add a card base as well as any tools such as die cutting/ embossing folders/ ink  to make our card.  Everything except the stamp set was from Stampin' Up! The only thing I added was to die cut out the center of the sun, ink and adhesives.  I used Bumble Bee and Mango Melody inks.


I used the provided ribbon to hide where I seamed the two dsps but then I cut a length of ribbon in half so that it was narrower to tie on to the full length. I felt at the original width it overpowered the card. The narrow piece also provides balance for the bee, which was part of our kit. 

I'll be back tomorrow for WOYWW and will link the Premiere video on Friday. Then I will be hit or miss as Bob comes home tomorrow and is only home for two weeks this trip. 

Creative Blessings
~Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment