Monday, August 8, 2022

MAKE IT MAIL IT MONDAY - Fall Is Coming!

 Good morning, friends!

While out shopping last week, I found several Close To My Heart stamp sets at a price I could not pass up!


POSTER TIDINGS

September Stamp of the Month

After seeing a Christmas card made during a card summit a couple of weeks ago using a similar style of stamp set, I knew I could use this one. Daniel West of Colorado Craft Company did a beautiful Christmas card. Here's the link to the demo Daniel did. 

I was inspired by this card:



I started with this:

I chose papers from Stampin' Up! Gilded Autumn ( Holiday 2019-2020), Early Espresso card stock, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie inks plus ribbon from my stash


The card base and mats are Early Espresso.

Card Base - 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
From pattern paper - 4" x 5-1/4"
From Early Espresso - 2-9/16" x 4-7/8"

Stamp the image twice on pieces of white or cream cardstock measuring 3" x 5-1/2" - once in Early Espresso and once in Pumpkin Pie

I recommend using a stamp positioner such as a Stamparatus (Stampin' Up!) or a Misti.

Trim the image stamped in Early Espresso close to the words all the way around so that it will just fit inside the Early Espresso Mat. 

Trim the focus words stamped in Orange out close to their letters. 
Adhere over their matching words with dimensionals.

Cut two pieces of your ribbon at 2" each. Fold each one in half and stick with glue dots to hold. Then use another glue dot or double-sided tape to adhere to the back of your sentiment mat. 

Cut a piece of the brown ribbon 3" long. adhere ends to the back of the mat. Take another length approximately 3" and tie around the first piece and taper the ends (as shown in photo) 

Adhere Dimensionals to the back and place over their matching word (stamped in Early Espresso)

Here's the video link for the 'talk-through'. I've also left a questions. I'd love to hear your thoughts.


I'll be back tomorrow with a quick card as well as a link to my recent haul video. I hope you'll join me!

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment