Wednesday, August 24, 2022

WOYWW #690

 Good morning, friends!

Where was everyone last week? Just busy, I hope. Let's get back to crafting!

Can you believe that we've been together (well, not everyone every week, but still...) for over 13 years!!!

My goodness, that's a lot of blogs, a lot of friends and a whoppin' amount of inspiration and creativity!

So what's on my desk this morning....


I'm getting closer to completing the bee journals. I finally got the new sewing machine out yesterday, figured out how easy it is to thread and the needle went through the two layers of manilla envelope, two layers of fabric easily.   That's my signature to the right of the cover. The cover is surrounded my this and that and elements of construction - except for the playing cards. They're left over from the mixed media ATC class. I just haven't gotten down on my kneeling bench to put them away. 

This week on the organization front, I'm talking about GLUE. I've had several questions about not only the glues that I use on a regular basis but how some of them work compared to others. I hope there's information in the video that helps you. Also, please share your favorite glue in the comments below.


Here's another tidbit for you before I go.
If you haven't already, I hope you'll subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Friday at 11 a.m. EST I'll be having my weekly premiere - but this one is SPECIAL!
I'll be unveiling the FIVE give away packs in honor of my 500 subscribers. I'm working on something now that I might even be able to offer something to NATIONAL Subscribers. Cross your fingers I can make that happen. 

In the mean time...

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





9 comments:

  1. I’m so glad your new machine did the job of sewing all those layers together, the bee journal looks very cute indeed! Good luck with getting the National Subscribers, you’re doing so well with the videos, hope your digital empire continues to grow!!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I'm here just been a bit distracted today. Sorry because I'm sure I've used that excuse before Lol! Pleased you've had success with the sewing machine. I must pop by and have alook at your videos soon. Wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your you tube channel and the latest video on friday. I'll try and catch it but I think with the time difference I'll probably be working when it goes live Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, sorry I missed commenting last week, I actually thought I had, but it’s not there! Good luck with your You tube channel. As for my favourite glue, UHU is my favourite glue stick. I haven’t yet worked out which is my favourite liquid glue. I like “Slap it on” for collage, I have discovered holding the edges together till dry is good -except sometimes for the mark left behind. I think I tend to be heavy handed with glue. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plan today it so get my machine out to do some paper stitching - I am thinking of some clusters for one of my journals...
    My favourite glue is Cosmic Shimmer - but when I lived in Abu Dhabi there was an excellent glue from Korea (cheap too) that I wish I could still get...

    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
    Susan #14
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job sewing through those layers Kelly and good news about your YouTube channel hitting 500 subscribers. My favourite glues are Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue, Tim Holtz Matte Medium and Collall Photo glue. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly - I'm late but that's nothing new! Well done on getting the sewing machine out and sewing all those layers - that's a win!! Have a good week,love and hugs Cindyxx #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, the Nora Roberts book is “The Dark Witch”. Download for free from Z Library x Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super little bee journal, glad you got your sewing machine out at last. BJ#10

    ReplyDelete