Friday, April 15, 2022

JUNK JOURNAL FRIDAY - Hidden Double Door Journaling Spot

 Hi Everyone!

Bob left Tuesday and I'm trying to get on track. My work days are long but I'm making sure I shut down in the evenings and take me time. Self-care is important when you have your fingers in as many things as I do. LOL

I learned how to make the Hidden Gatefold Card from fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Wendy Cranford. You can see her video HERE.

When I saw the card, I thought of 'double doors' rather than a gate. You'll see in her video - and mine below - how simple this is to make.

Here's one of my cards:


Here's the other one:


RECIPE:

1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 cardstock of your color choice for base
1 12x12 sheet of Designer Series Paper (DSP) You'll want to use the front & back

CUTTING:
Watch Video for the cutting directions. These are just the dimensions. 
I'm using the colors for the 1st card.

Basic White - (cut 1) - 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" 
Mango Melody -  (cut 1) - 4" x 5-1/4"
Designer Series Paper - (cut 1) 3-3/4" x 5"  (cut 2) 2" x 5-3/8"
Evening Evergreen Ribbon (card 1) - 3-3/4" 
Crinkle Seam Binding (card 2) - 4-3/4" plus an additional 3" piece to tie

VIDEO:


Product Links to what I used: 

Cardstock:







If you don't already own them, I recommend the Stampin' Blocks!LOVE them and so glad I invested. I used hostess credits for the larger ones as well as the case and purchased the less expensive. Great Investment!  The link is for the bundle - saving 10%

Here are the individual blocks:













No comments:

Post a Comment