Wednesday, April 6, 2022

WOYWW 670

  Good morning, friends!

Thank you so much for the well-wishes and welcome backs.

Before I step further, I do want to say that while the Stampin' Up! policy may seem a bit high-handed they are a company and as a representative of them I can understand why they wouldn't want me promoting competitor products. Just makes me sad that I can still play with all my toys but can not link to them. I do love them product and will continue purchase for many years, regardless of my status. 

Everything comes out in the wash, right?


I went a little higher with the camera this morning so you could see the trays in the very back. I've since added (but can't be seen) one of those file folder racks. I picked it up at a flea market last Saturday and thought it would be perfect for placing the stamp sets I'm working with rather than them being piled all around me.  You can also see a card to the left. 

Bob and I took Saturday to just drive and snoop. We ate breakfast/ lunch/ dinner out, stopped at flea markets and gun shops we came to. I came home with lots of goodies while Bob just enjoyed the day.

At the first flea market we stopped at (Houston MO), I found this stamp set:


The set is called CHARMING and is one of several sets in the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog that were part of the Shelli's Signature Collection. 

If you're not familiar, Shelli is the co-founder of Stampin' Up! and a sweet lady. I wasn't a demonstrator then but was a customer. I couldn't see this as a 'card' stamp set I'd use and wasn't in to making the junk journals at the time so overlooked this gem.  You'll find the set on eBay for over $25 but if you'd like to purchase, I found it on Etsy for $8.00 - shipping from Canada.  

Here is a closer look at the card I made:


In my video I talked about how classic stamp sets we've not touched in awhile can pair beautifully with current papers. Here I used Hand-Penned designer series paper. Here's the quick (5 min) video.


That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Sounds like a great day out. Happy WOYWW.Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I have a few old Stampin up catalgues and love looking at them for ideas. I bought a few of their stamps years ago and still enjoy using them but not had them out for a while so might have to pop back to see what you're up to with yours. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day out rummaging round places! have a happy week! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find Kelly! Sorry not a long comment as I can't sit for very long with the sciatica. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete