Saturday, April 23, 2022

SCRAPBOOK SATURDAY - Cooking with Grandma!

Good morning, everyone!

We have a beautiful day on the program for today. I'm hoping the sun/ breeze will dry out the lawn a bit more so I can mow this afternoon. Crossing fingers and asking Mother Nature to play nice today.

I recently made the decision to get back to scrapbooking. By doing Scrapbook Saturday posts here and videos on my YouTube channel, I'm hoping those will help keep me motivated. I've also joined a challenge group on SplitcoastStampers.  The forum thread changes from month to month, I think. But here's the APRIL CHALLENGE THREAD

I'm going to be happy with four pages this month. Since I have this Saturday and next week, that is two double-page spreads.

I'm starting with a box of pictures of Adrian's first few years, under the age of 4, I think. I picked this first group of pictures from a day when we made Great Grammy's Cherry Cheesecake. That was always a tradition for 4th of July in our house growing up. I haven't put a title in yet. I need to locate my alpha letters or figure out which letter dies/ cricut I want to use. 


You'll learn more about the story behind this layout if you watch my YouTube video for today, but briefly, from the time Adrian was 18 months old she wanted to be in the kitchen with me. She was fascinated with whatever I was doing. Even now, when she visits, she wants to help.. or shove me out of the kitchen and just do. She is a chef in the making, I think. The video also tells significance of the apron and headband she is wearing. 


The title will go across the middle band. The white block on the bottom of this page will be the journaling spot. Details will wait until I have the work table back so I'm not working on my filming table. 

After not scrapbooking for years, this layout took me over four hours. I got lost in the process and watching the finale of Tournament of Champions on the DVR that I even missed a call from Bob. I'm still trying to get used to Bob being on 6 hr shifts instead of 12.  

Please leave me a comment below. Do you scrapbook? Do you have photos waiting that you've never seem to find the time? I'd love to know.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly




2 comments:

  1. That's neat Kelly good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely project, Kelly. What a great way to save a precious memory.

    ReplyDelete