Sunday, April 24, 2022

SYMPATHY SUNDAY - Sort Of...

 Good afternoon!

I apologize for being late but I did something today I've not done in weeks. I sat and enjoyed online coffee/ video time with my sister. We are the only remaining siblings. We only live three hours apart but the internet is wonderful. We are able to chat on-line using Trillian while enjoying coffee, breakfast and sharing videos - usuing gardening, cooking or crafting. 

I altered that time with popping up and doing some household cleaning while I can have all the doors and windows open for the first time this season. We're to have heavy storms later this afternoon so I'm multi-tasking.

One thing that irritates me with Stampin' Up! is that they won't just give us a good all-occasion stamp set and leave it alone so that we always have a go-to set for sympathy cards... real sympathy sentiments. Not thinking of you, you're on my mind, etc... but true sympathy wording. We've had them in the past but they are forever taking them away. Sorry, but I'm not going to keep buying sets when I have perfectly good ones that will work. 

I chose not to stamp any sentiment on the front but the inside leaves plenty of space to write a personal note.

So here I am trying to showcase a stamp set that is current so y'all can use it to. I chose Daffodil Daydream from the January-June 2022 catalog. The stamp set is carrying over into our 2022-2023 catalog but not as a bundle. If you like this set, now is the time to order it while you can get the stamp/ dies as a bundle for 10% off. I'm linking the bundle in the shopping list below.

The designer series paper is Hand Penned - also from the January-June2022 catalog. I love this paper and am so glad I ordered a couple of extra packs. The paper is sold out BUT, you can substitute the Hand-Penned Memories & More card pack. I'll link it in the shopping list

Here's the card I came up with:


I'm still working on the shadow thing. I had 2 daylight lamps shining on the card from either side. Hmm suggestions appreciated! 

I started with this sketch:


I used a Daffodil Delight card base, layered with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Hand Penned (#1). #2 is a piece of Hand-Penned floral 2-1/4? x 4-1/2". Adhere #1 to the card base ,then add #2. #3 is 1-4/4" x 4" layered as shown in the picture.

#4 is a piece of Basic White cut 1-3/4" x 3-3/4". I stamped the single daffodil from Daffodil Daydreams in Memento Tuxedo Black. After several trial and error, I finally decided to use Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight and Shaded Spruce. 

Once I figured out kinks, the card went together pretty quick. I'd already figured the dimensions from having used the sketch before. That helped. 

Shopping List:
Stampin' Blends -
     Shaded Spruce 
Stampin' Blocks
     H 
      I

I'll be back tomorrow with a Make It- Mail It Monday and video link when we take a look inside of the new Paper Pumpkin Box! I hope you'll join me.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment